CNC Setup Machinist
CNC Setup Machinist
Pay range $25 to $27 hr.
- Setup and adjust conventional computer numerical control machines (CNC) from proven layouts or new layouts with minimum supervision
- Operate one or more previously set up machines to perform series of operations such as drilling, boring , turning threading, and milling to produce parts to meet dimensional requirements.
- Make offsets or adjustments to machines or programs to maintain or improve conformance of work, checking product conformation prior to process operation
- Read blueprints and correlate dimensions to inspection plans and tools necessary to perform manufacturing steps as defined.
- Follows specified inspection plans and frequencies to assure quality of work, including frequent visual checks under magnification.
- Operate various precision measurement tools such as Comparators, Micrometers, CMM, Surfcom, calipers, indicators while assuring such tools are within calibration conformance.
- Operate and Monitor machine operation, including loading and/ or unloading of bar stock or parts to maximize productivity.
- Perform daily scheduled maintenance as required.
- Maintain required documentation internally and customer specific, including OEE data, SPC data, Maintenance data accurately and on time.
- Track scrap and labor data accurately to be entered into the ERP system.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas, machines, tables, floors, tooling, and gages.
- Maintain cutting tools and monitor tool life to assure product conformance.
- Work with Supervisor/Lead to periodically oversee operators for adherence to following all procedures and practices and report job that are not performing to standards.
- Assist in training other employees and troubleshooting production jobs. May be cross trained in other departments and other processes as needed.
- Utilize and abide by all applicable Quality Standards and OSHA requirements and safety procedures
- Comply with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Perform all required checks and complete documentation
- Perform general housekeeping functions
- Perform all other work assigned
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations (fractions, percentages, ratios, & proportions)
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent eye sight (with glasses)
- Good Communication Skills